14 Days / 13 Nights $ 3200 Min 8 person on this Trip Started from Oct 10 – Oct 23, 2018
Base Price: USD$ 3200 (10% discount for returning guests and dive professionals)
Starting with muck diving in Maumare and then crossing the Banda Sea, tracing the perimeter of islands. Let our experienced crew show you these remote and almost untouched locations with wonderful reefs and stunning drop-offs. Marine life here is in abundance from macro critters, sea snakes and schooling fish to the ‘big fish’ favorites such as manta rays, reef sharks and even the chance to encounter Scalloped Hammerheads. Finishing with muck diving in Ambon
Our schedule will always be determined by conditions, weather, marine life and numbers dependant. Maumare –Alor –Banda – Ambon is famous for its coral reefs and marine biodiversity so we ensure we select the best the variety we have to offer at that point in the season.
Day 1. Our staff will meet you upon your arrival in Maumare Airport or local hotel and transfer you to the harbor where Jaya Departure
Day 2 to Day 13 we will explore Diving Spot around Maumare – Alor – Banda – Ambon with excellent visibility, fantastic coral coverage and tremendous numbers of fish along with potential Hammerhead sightings, plus a visit to one of the Spice Islands.
Eastern Indonesia and the area between Bali to Papua is also known as “The Ring of Fire”. Famous for lots of volcanic activities which have created some unique underwater seascapes and inhabiting marine life.
The Banda Sea is famous for steep walls covered in soft corals, sponges, and sea fans. Warm, clear blue waters full of smaller schooling fish is what attracts divers pretty much all year around. Ring of Fire Indonesia
In the months of September, October and early November however, there might also be some bigger surprises passing by – schooling Hammerhead Sharks have been spotted in this area! Although we only get to see what might be the “leftovers” from the big aggregations, it is still exciting to have a few of those shy and weird looking sharks right in front of us for a few seconds.
Whereas we were hoping if not expecting to see some bigger fish, we were certainly not counting on a whale shark to pass by! This “little” guy, only a baby of around 4 m lengths, surfaced right behind the boat as the last group of divers was coming back. Needless to say that everybody was back in the water with mask and snorkel in record time. For a fair few minutes, the biggest shark in the world was hovering near the surface and gave us the opportunity to get real close – absolutely breathtaking!
Last Day on day 14 Check out after light breakfast & farewells, we transfer to local hotel or airport. Take your pre-booked flight to Bali/Jakarta
As domestic flights in Indonesia are known to be unreliable we recommend that you plan to arrive the day before and plan to leave the day after
Flight: We recommend you check Trip Advisor for latest reviews and the usual booking sites for best rates (Agoda.com and Booking.com)
Please book BEFORE confirming your International flights to ensure you make your connection to Maumare & from Ambon.
Embarkation / Disembarkation – Maumere (MOF)/ Ambon (AMQ)
How to get to Maumere (MOF), Flores : Daily flights with Lion Wings & between Garuda Indonesia & Sriwijaya Air (Nam Air) cover all days from Bali to Maumere (flight time around 2 hours).
Flight from Ambon (AMQ) : We recommend you check Trip Advisor for latest reviews and the usual booking sites for best rates (Agoda.com and Booking.com)
- Round trip transfer local Hotel close by /Airport – Boat
- 3 meals a day
- Drinking water, tea, and coffee
- light snacks and refreshment
- Fresh towel and linen
- Weights, weight belts, and tanks
- Total Dive: 35 Dives
- All flights & hotels stay
- Dive & Travel insurance
- Laundry services
- Diving Gear; dive computer, torch, 15L tank rental, BCD, regulator, wetsuit, fins mask.
- Marine park fee ( for foreign nationals ) & Harbour fee
- Soft drinks & alcoholic beverages
Departure 1st Day Maumere, Flores
Meeting point at 10 is at maumare Harbour! We do free transfer from a local hotel close by and airport
The last day after light breakfast & farewells, we transfer you to local hotel or airport.
- Note; late receipt of Passport details may very likely lead to delayed departure & significant changes to the itinerary. We MUST receive guest’s details well in advance of the trip.
- Visa Exemption or Visa on Arrival (VoA); many countries now receive a free 30 days on arrival, some pay USD35 to obtain VoA, others will have to obtain Visa BEFORE Arrival.
- Passport; ensure your passport is in good order, has enough pages, is valid for at least 6 months, and that you are able to enter Indonesia. Check with your local Indonesia Embassy if unsure.
- Departure Tax; Indonesia Passenger Service Charge (IPSC) has changed (Mar-2015) to be included in your flight ticket price. Please check though as previously it was 200,000IDRp to leave Indonesia, & up to 75,000IDRp for Domestic flights. Carry small bills, Indonesia Rupiah preferred, as often no change given.
Health & Insurance
- Dive Insurance; compulsory for this trip. We also strongly advise you get adequate travel insurance. Please check your travel insurance policy for your diving needs. If not covered them we recommend DAN (Divers Alert Network) or their Asia Pacific branch.
- Travel Insurance; please NOTE: we cannot be held accountable for airline flight changes, delays, or cancellations. We STRONGLY advise you take out adequate insurance to cover such eventualities. We recommend World Nomad for their flexible worldwide cover for travel insurance.
- Malaria Zone; NOTE that in this part of Indonesia we advise you take the proper precautions against malaria. The following anti-malaria drugs are considered safe with diving; Doxycycline or malarone. Mefloquine (Lariam) is NOT recommended with diving. Good preventative measures include DEET and long-armed/legged clothing in evenings. If unsure consult a diving doctor.
- Mobile signal; local Telkomsel is the best local card to buy. Not long after you leave port we have has intermittent/ limited mobile signal until we return.
- Telkomsel Simpati sim card is the best and the costs only 3usd. Plus credit to add on top!!!
Trip Extras payment onboard
- By Credit card comes with 3% additional handling fee.
- By Cash, we accept US Dollars, Indonesian Rupiah.
- Equipment rental Diving Gear; Full Set USD 100/ 14 day
- Light Snack
- GoPro (if you have), large UW camera setups are not always suitable for the current and all dive sites
- log book, dive card or proof of certification
- Hat and sunglasses
- Lightweight long sleeve shirt (for the occasional chili night)
- Shorts or lightweight pants (for the occasional chili night)
- Sunscreen if you are a sun worshipper
- Medical and dive insurance (we recommend DAN)
- Dive gear with 3mm wetsuit with a hooded vest or 5mm wetsuit (if bringing
- Visibility: 20-30 meters
- Current: medium to strong
- Level: Intermediate to Advanced,
- Best Time to Dive: mid-March to end-April, & mid-September to early December
- Water Temp: 26-28 degrees Celsius, however, deep water upwelling’s & thermoclines, especially in Sept-Nov, can mean temps as low as 25C. Alor Water Temp; 22-26 degrees, it can be cold in the waters around Lembetta & Alor and we do recommend you bring extra exposure suit for this section of the cruise.