Seize the day – become a professional diver! From our Komodo Dive Center you can join in our unique internship program. You will have the opportunity to dive from our Komodo Liveaboard, do many daytrips and even join in on snorkeling tours and komodo dragon walks. All this while diving in some of the most famous and diverse dive sites in the world – around Komodo Island. From our base in Labuan Bajo, Indonesia we offer courses in small groups – never more than 4 divemaster trainees at the same time and the chance to learn more about a dive center than simply hand signals and carrying tanks!
Why do my Komdo Divemaster training at Scuba Republic Indonesia?
- Small groups, maximum 4 candidates per course
- Komodo Island is one the Ten best dive sites in the world
- Get experience on liveaboard diving, daytrips and local dives
- Throughout 2016 – spend 1 week at our own Turtle Conservation camp
- Scheduled lectures on dive theory
- Not a course for “party people” only aspiring pro’s need apply
- 6 Weeks long
- It’s not just a course, you will be part of the team!
Scuba Republic Indonesia Komodo Divemaster training program will bring you experience, knowledge and skills that allow you to work as a professional diver anywhere in the world. All of this AND you still join several of our Komodo liveaboard tours. With these trips you will have the opportunity to see and dive with an incredible variety of marine life – this is the “Coral Triangle” – the richest concentration of corals in the world and experience some incredible in-water excitement. Komodo is a place for serious divers, not just relaxing underwater.
- Minimum of 40 dives
- Join a minimum of 10 days on our Komodo Liveaboard
- Several Komodo day trips
- Many dives from our daytrip boat
- Free Airport Transfer
- Free Wireless Internet at our dive center
- Active involvement in our Ecological and/or community projects
- 15% discount on all equipment purchases
- Further Liveaboards trips for discounted rates
Not included are the Divemaster/Dive-con study materials and use of dive equipment. Transit to and from Labuan Bajo is not provided, but we can arrange those for you. Meals are provided while on the liveaboards and daytrip boats but not while on land.
Housing: Labuan Bajo is not a very developed city. So the standards and costs of the accommodation is rather personal. The cheapest suitable homestays are around $100/month and upt to $400/month for larger rooms. We are happy to show these to you, but you must choose your own
Safety and Medical Info
We try to assure the comfort of all our guests equally. If you have dietary restrictions – we must be notified of this before your arrival. Due to our remoteness, the activities we undertake and, most importantly, the well-being of our guests – we have strict policies regarding health and safety on our Divemaster courses. [more about safety and medical info]
- Be certified as an Advanced Open Water Diver
- Be certified as a Rescue Diver
- Have logged a minimum of 40 open water dives prior to entry into PADI Divemaster training, and completed and logged a minimum of 60 open water dives with experience in search & recovery, night, deep and navigation prior to certification as a PADI Divemaster
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician.
This course is not intended for those seeking luxury or pampering. Living in Labuan Bajo is a rich, rewarding experience. You will be immersed in the culture of this part of Indonesia from dawn till dusk. Where we live is charming to some and not so appealing to others. It is not a rich town and very few extra amenities are to be found outside the hotels. Each candidate for our course MUST be prepared to live and enjoy third world living. Hot showers, air-conditioning and wifi in rooms are the exception, not the rule. Schedules and plans are all very fluid here…you can not expect everything to function like it does in the west, or even in places like Thailand, Mexico or Egypt. On the other hand – the scenery is pristine, the people are not jaded and the adventures here are rewarding and create memories to last a lifetime. Not to mention the diving is so very, very good. We have encountered everything from Dugongs to huge schools of rays, dozens of Mantas, Sharks of every description, Humpback whales and more. This is before large scale tourism has occurred, this is before package holiday tourists come in big numbers and before the Starbucks opens.
CONTACT US FOR THE PRICE